PHOENIX — Burglars are making bank off the backs of Valley business owners.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos said a new theft ring has hit the Valley hard this summer — and they know what they’re doing.
“It appears to be some black males that make entry into some of thse businesse and as they make entry, they take in construction tools with them and remove a safe,” Martos explained. “If they can’t remove it, they will break the safe open with those construction tools.”
The suspects also attempt to disable any surveillance or security cameras the business may have, prior to entering.
Martos said the suspects have stolen nearly $100,000 dollars from more than 25 Phoenix businesses this summer.
Anyone with information about the suspects are encouraged to all Silent Witness at (480)-WITNESS.
KTAR’s Cooper Rummell contributed to this report.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life