PHOENIX — A national park just south of the Phoenix metro area is enjoying a tourism boom, a report said.
“The trend is supported by the number of visitors coming and the different economic inputs that go into it,” said Karl Cordova with the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument.
A report from the National Park Service said more than 600,000 visitors spent nearly a total of $4 million in the immediate area of the park in 2012. This supported 54 jobs, something Cordova said is vital to the Casa Grande’s economy.
“For every dollar that’s appropriated from tax money, it generates almost $2.50 in the local economy when we need jobs,” he said. “It’s obvious that tourism is an important aspect.”
Most visitor spending was at restaurants, grocery and convenience stores and hotels.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life