PHOENIX — Thousands of people are expected to attend a fundraiser Sunday for the fallen 19 hotshots from Prescott, Ariz.
The Prescott Strong fundraiser, being sponsored by Whiskey Row business owners, will help raise funds for the families of 19 Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters who were killed during the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
Prescott Councilman Charlie Arnold said the event will also raise money to help dozens of Yarnell residents who had almost nothing and then lost everything in the devastating wildfire.
“We would like to raise at least $500,000 from the event,” he said.
Arnold said the event will feature live music and food vendors. A highlight will be a special honor tent for the fallen firefighters.
More than two weeks after the tragedy at Yarnell Hill, Arnold said the nation continues to show an overwhelming outpouring of support
“Every day I see people at the memorial from all over the country. Firefighters are here from across Arizona and the nation supporting us.”
Sunday’s event is free, but a minimum donation of $5 will be requested at the gate. Wristbands will be given to those who wish to drink identification is required.
The fundraiser begins at noon and ends at 8 p.m. It is being held in downtown Prescott.>
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food