PHOENIX — Thousands of people are expected to attend a fundraiser Sunday for the fallen 19 hotshots from Prescott, Ariz.
The Prescott Strong fundraiser, being sponsored by Whiskey Row business owners, will help raise funds for the families of 19 Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters who were killed during the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
Prescott Councilman Charlie Arnold said the event will also raise money to help dozens of Yarnell residents who had almost nothing and then lost everything in the devastating wildfire.
“We would like to raise at least $500,000 from the event,” he said.
Arnold said the event will feature live music and food vendors. A highlight will be a special honor tent for the fallen firefighters.
More than two weeks after the tragedy at Yarnell Hill, Arnold said the nation continues to show an overwhelming outpouring of support
“Every day I see people at the memorial from all over the country. Firefighters are here from across Arizona and the nation supporting us.”
Sunday’s event is free, but a minimum donation of $5 will be requested at the gate. Wristbands will be given to those who wish to drink identification is required.
The fundraiser begins at noon and ends at 8 p.m. It is being held in downtown Prescott.>
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.