PHOENIX — Thousands of people are expected to attend a fundraiser Sunday for the fallen 19 hotshots from Prescott, Ariz.
The Prescott Strong fundraiser, being sponsored by Whiskey Row business owners, will help raise funds for the families of 19 Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters who were killed during the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
Prescott Councilman Charlie Arnold said the event will also raise money to help dozens of Yarnell residents who had almost nothing and then lost everything in the devastating wildfire.
“We would like to raise at least $500,000 from the event,” he said.
Arnold said the event will feature live music and food vendors. A highlight will be a special honor tent for the fallen firefighters.
More than two weeks after the tragedy at Yarnell Hill, Arnold said the nation continues to show an overwhelming outpouring of support
“Every day I see people at the memorial from all over the country. Firefighters are here from across Arizona and the nation supporting us.”
Sunday’s event is free, but a minimum donation of $5 will be requested at the gate. Wristbands will be given to those who wish to drink identification is required.
The fundraiser begins at noon and ends at 8 p.m. It is being held in downtown Prescott.>
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night