PHOENIX — Thousands of people are expected to attend a fundraiser Sunday for the fallen 19 hotshots from Prescott, Ariz.
The Prescott Strong fundraiser, being sponsored by Whiskey Row business owners, will help raise funds for the families of 19 Granite Mountain Hotshot firefighters who were killed during the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
Prescott Councilman Charlie Arnold said the event will also raise money to help dozens of Yarnell residents who had almost nothing and then lost everything in the devastating wildfire.
“We would like to raise at least $500,000 from the event,” he said.
Arnold said the event will feature live music and food vendors. A highlight will be a special honor tent for the fallen firefighters.
More than two weeks after the tragedy at Yarnell Hill, Arnold said the nation continues to show an overwhelming outpouring of support
“Every day I see people at the memorial from all over the country. Firefighters are here from across Arizona and the nation supporting us.”
Sunday’s event is free, but a minimum donation of $5 will be requested at the gate. Wristbands will be given to those who wish to drink identification is required.
The fundraiser begins at noon and ends at 8 p.m. It is being held in downtown Prescott.>
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development