PHOENIX — Steve Weiss is counting on nostalgia to attract people to his latest exhibit, “Little Pictures.”
It features 16 original pictures Weiss took using the Polaroid Spectra, a camera for which Polaroid no longer produces film.
“Everybody’s used to the square format, but this was a more rectangular image which allowed me to do verticals and horizontals,” Weiss said.
The simplicity and speed attracted Weiss to the Spectra, after previously spending years processing black and white and color photography.
“This was like a mental break and a physical break from carrying lots of equipment around and buying lots of film,” Weiss said.
In addition to the exhibit, Weiss has published a book featuring nearly 40 Polaroid pictures which he will sign when the show opens Friday, June 7 at Coe House Gallery, 365 North 4th Avenue in Phoenix.
It runs through June 30. For more information call 602-405-4684.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again