PHOENIX — Steve Weiss is counting on nostalgia to attract people to his latest exhibit, “Little Pictures.”
It features 16 original pictures Weiss took using the Polaroid Spectra, a camera for which Polaroid no longer produces film.
“Everybody’s used to the square format, but this was a more rectangular image which allowed me to do verticals and horizontals,” Weiss said.
The simplicity and speed attracted Weiss to the Spectra, after previously spending years processing black and white and color photography.
“This was like a mental break and a physical break from carrying lots of equipment around and buying lots of film,” Weiss said.
In addition to the exhibit, Weiss has published a book featuring nearly 40 Polaroid pictures which he will sign when the show opens Friday, June 7 at Coe House Gallery, 365 North 4th Avenue in Phoenix.
It runs through June 30. For more information call 602-405-4684.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains