PHOENIX — Steve Weiss is counting on nostalgia to attract people to his latest exhibit, “Little Pictures.”
It features 16 original pictures Weiss took using the Polaroid Spectra, a camera for which Polaroid no longer produces film.
“Everybody’s used to the square format, but this was a more rectangular image which allowed me to do verticals and horizontals,” Weiss said.
The simplicity and speed attracted Weiss to the Spectra, after previously spending years processing black and white and color photography.
“This was like a mental break and a physical break from carrying lots of equipment around and buying lots of film,” Weiss said.
In addition to the exhibit, Weiss has published a book featuring nearly 40 Polaroid pictures which he will sign when the show opens Friday, June 7 at Coe House Gallery, 365 North 4th Avenue in Phoenix.
It runs through June 30. For more information call 602-405-4684.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development