PHOENIX — Steve Weiss is counting on nostalgia to attract people to his latest exhibit, “Little Pictures.”
It features 16 original pictures Weiss took using the Polaroid Spectra, a camera for which Polaroid no longer produces film.
“Everybody’s used to the square format, but this was a more rectangular image which allowed me to do verticals and horizontals,” Weiss said.
The simplicity and speed attracted Weiss to the Spectra, after previously spending years processing black and white and color photography.
“This was like a mental break and a physical break from carrying lots of equipment around and buying lots of film,” Weiss said.
In addition to the exhibit, Weiss has published a book featuring nearly 40 Polaroid pictures which he will sign when the show opens Friday, June 7 at Coe House Gallery, 365 North 4th Avenue in Phoenix.
It runs through June 30. For more information call 602-405-4684.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier