A weapons advocate pushes to provide everyone with printable guns by April.
CNN reported that Cody Wilson, a Texas law student-weapons project leader, aims to make the world’s first entirely 3D printable gun. Aside from just making 3D printed guns, Wilson hopes to make them freely available to anyone with a 3D printer by April.
Though 3D printers aren’t prominent among common consumers today, Wilson expects that the product will become more common, making guns accessible to higher percentage of the population.
It will fall in price, and materials will be developed in a better place than they are now, so yes, if you were to have one in your home and you have the gun file, you can just click print and have the gun.”
With an easier accessibility, some fear that weapons can easily fall into the hands of children and the mentally unstable, which Wilson admitted he has little concern with.
“I’m willing to hold out some judgment. I don’t know how I’ll feel but I do believe in equality of access to quality production. I think this is something worth doing,” he said. “And I don’t think that we can collectively make a decision to withhold things from people before they do anything wrong.”
Wilson believes it’s within a citizen’s civil liberties to be able to print guns or any other product from the Internet without the government’s hindrance.
“When guns become digitized what would you have to do to stop people from getting this?” he asked. “Invade their civil liberties? Step on their internet? These are intolerable.”
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy