A weapons advocate pushes to provide everyone with printable guns by April.
CNN reported that Cody Wilson, a Texas law student-weapons project leader, aims to make the world’s first entirely 3D printable gun. Aside from just making 3D printed guns, Wilson hopes to make them freely available to anyone with a 3D printer by April.
Though 3D printers aren’t prominent among common consumers today, Wilson expects that the product will become more common, making guns accessible to higher percentage of the population.
It will fall in price, and materials will be developed in a better place than they are now, so yes, if you were to have one in your home and you have the gun file, you can just click print and have the gun.”
With an easier accessibility, some fear that weapons can easily fall into the hands of children and the mentally unstable, which Wilson admitted he has little concern with.
“I’m willing to hold out some judgment. I don’t know how I’ll feel but I do believe in equality of access to quality production. I think this is something worth doing,” he said. “And I don’t think that we can collectively make a decision to withhold things from people before they do anything wrong.”
Wilson believes it’s within a citizen’s civil liberties to be able to print guns or any other product from the Internet without the government’s hindrance.
“When guns become digitized what would you have to do to stop people from getting this?” he asked. “Invade their civil liberties? Step on their internet? These are intolerable.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier