Arizona Charities are hoping that you’ll “log on” to donate to them Wednesday.
The Alliance of Arizona Non-profits was looking for a way to bring much-needed donations to charities.
“We got together with the Arizona Grant Makers Forum, which is an organization representing the foundations and corporate community and government funders of non profits to try to engage more individuals in supporting nonprofits and their missions,” said Patrick McWhartor, the President of the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits.
So they came up with Arizona Gives Day. It’s a 24-hour online fundraising effort that goes from midnight to Wednesday night. McWhartor said that once you sign on to the website, you’ll find nearly 850 organizations that you can donate to.
“You may already know an organization,” said McWhartor. “You can do a keyword search for that organization, or you can search by categories…the arts, people working to protect animals or the environment, human services, health and so forth.”
Your donations are tax deductible. The alliance is hoping to raise at least $2 million for charities during Wednesday’s event.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night