Arizona Charities are hoping that you’ll “log on” to donate to them Wednesday.
The Alliance of Arizona Non-profits was looking for a way to bring much-needed donations to charities.
“We got together with the Arizona Grant Makers Forum, which is an organization representing the foundations and corporate community and government funders of non profits to try to engage more individuals in supporting nonprofits and their missions,” said Patrick McWhartor, the President of the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits.
So they came up with Arizona Gives Day. It’s a 24-hour online fundraising effort that goes from midnight to Wednesday night. McWhartor said that once you sign on to the website, you’ll find nearly 850 organizations that you can donate to.
“You may already know an organization,” said McWhartor. “You can do a keyword search for that organization, or you can search by categories…the arts, people working to protect animals or the environment, human services, health and so forth.”
Your donations are tax deductible. The alliance is hoping to raise at least $2 million for charities during Wednesday’s event.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon