Arizona Charities are hoping that you’ll “log on” to donate to them Wednesday.
The Alliance of Arizona Non-profits was looking for a way to bring much-needed donations to charities.
“We got together with the Arizona Grant Makers Forum, which is an organization representing the foundations and corporate community and government funders of non profits to try to engage more individuals in supporting nonprofits and their missions,” said Patrick McWhartor, the President of the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits.
So they came up with Arizona Gives Day. It’s a 24-hour online fundraising effort that goes from midnight to Wednesday night. McWhartor said that once you sign on to the website, you’ll find nearly 850 organizations that you can donate to.
“You may already know an organization,” said McWhartor. “You can do a keyword search for that organization, or you can search by categories…the arts, people working to protect animals or the environment, human services, health and so forth.”
Your donations are tax deductible. The alliance is hoping to raise at least $2 million for charities during Wednesday’s event.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments