Like many residents, Casey Neistat rides his bike around New York City, and while being friendly to non-motorists, the city isn’t exactly known for clear roadways.
When Neistat got a $50 ticket for not riding his bike in the bike lane back in 2011, he filmed the conversation he had the police officer, asking why the car in front of him, who was double-parked in a bus lane, was also not getting ticketed.
Neistat begrudgingly paid the fine, but not without having the last say.
He decided to film himself riding his bike in the bike lanes NO MATTER WHAT.
What follows is two minutes of Neistat smashing into a lot of things — barricades, trash cans, trucks — and while it is intentionally humorous, Neistat successfully begs the question: How can bicyclists ride safely in the bike lanes if there is no penalty issued to those who obstruct them?
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon