Young people around the world have posted innumerable photos of themselves to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media platforms. These types of photos have become known as “selfies,” a term that was recently added to the online version of the Oxford English Dictionary.
Once in a while, the young person will get some friends to pose in the shot as well. They still count as “selfies” as long as one of the people in the picture is holding the phone or camera.
If you’re really lucky, you might get a celebrity to pose with you for a “selfie.” In the case of a group of young people who were visiting the Vatican from the Italian Diocese of Piacenza on Wednesday, they got a pope in the picture.
Pope Francis joined in the photo with the group of youngsters, and Fabio Ragona tweeted it out for the world to see. It’s believed to be the first “selfie” involving a Catholic pope.
— Fabio M. Ragona (@FabioMRagona) August 29, 2013
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them