Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
PHOENIX — Casa Grande City Council has reportedly approved a development project for Dreamport Villages, a proposed resort and amusement park south of Phoenix.
The Casa Grande Dispatch reported Thursday that the council voted unanimously on Wednesday to approve the project headed by The Block Sports Co.
The developers have sought since at least February to build Dreamport Villages, which would include “an indoor recreational facility, water parks, a wildlife animal exhibit, restaurants and an amusement park,” according to the Dispatch.
A proposal published online also included references to lodging, an RV park, time shares, an office park and more.
The Dispatch also reported that Dreamport Villages is expected to be a 1,500-acre, multiphase project that has a projected opening of October 2019.
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation
- Jaguar known to roam Arizona mountains believed to be dead
- Border agents arrest large group of illegal aliens in southern Arizona
- Grand Canyon eases water restrictions after pump repair
- Latino leaders question Census head over citizenship query