Developers seek to build Walt Disney World-like resort in southern Arizona city
PHOENIX — Arizonans may not have to travel to Disney World much longer: A Florida-based company is looking to develop a 1,500-acre destination resort near Casa Grande.
Pinal Central reported that Block Sports Company would develop the resort near the Interstate 8 and Interstate 10 junction that is now called Dreamport Villages.
Dreamport Villages would include “an indoor recreational facility, water parks, a wildlife animal exhibit, restaurants and an amusement park,” the publication reported.
Other parts of the project would “be reserved for commercial and residential purposes as well as the future construction of a school.”
According to the developer’s application, the project would rival that of Walt Disney World in Florida. It is estimated to take $4 billion and as long as 10 years to complete.
The Casa Grande Planning and Zoning Commission will review the project at a March 2 meeting, where the public will be able to voice their opinions.
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion
- Where do Arizona politicians stand on Trump’s family separation policy?
- Arizona health officials warn about rise in animal rabies cases
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’