Section of southbound I-17 in Phoenix to be closed during May 19 weekend
PHOENIX — Another portion of the southbound Interstate 17 in Phoenix will be closed through the weekend to allow crews to repave the highway.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, the southbound I-17 will be closed between Indian School Road and Grant Street from 10 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday.
The southbound I-17 ramps to Interstate 10 and the ramps from the I-10 to southbound I-17 will also be closed. McDowell Road will also be closed in both directions at the I-17.
Transportation officials advise drivers to use alternative routes that include southbound State Route 51 or the Loop 101. Southbound I-17 traffic will exit at Indian School Road and can use the frontage roads or 19th or 27th avenues.
Here are the other roadways and freeways that will be closed or restricted during the weekend of May 19, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
• Westbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Estrella Parkway and Perryville Road in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work and lane striping near Loop 303 interchange. Southbound Loop 303 ramp to westbound I-10 will be closed. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at Citrus Road and off-ramp at Perryville Road will be closed.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 will be narrowed to one lane between Perryville and Citrus roads in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work and lane striping. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Perryville Road and off-ramp at Citrus Road will be closed.
• Southbound Loop 101 ramp to westbound Interstate 10 in West Valley will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge work
• Westbound US 60 HOV-lane ramp to westbound Interstate 10 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday for pavement improvements. Westbound I-10 left three lanes will also be closed between Baseline and Broadway roads
• Bethany Home Road will be narrowed to one lane at Interstate 17 from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday for city of Phoenix waterline project. Southbound I-17 off-ramp at Bethany Home Road will be restricted at times.
- Man admits to trying to steal train near downtown Phoenix
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Silver Alert issued for missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman
- Drone carrying drugs, cellphones crashes at Arizona prison
- Off Central: Phoenix man works as auctioneer for more than 30 years