PHOENIX — Two motorcyclists were killed in separate accidents on Phoenix-area freeways Monday morning, including a hit-and-run.
Authorities said a motorcycle rider bumped another vehicle on U.S. 60 West near Country Club Drive in the East Valley, fell off the bike and was run over by a truck.
The driver of the truck did not pull over and the Arizona Department of Public Safety was searching for the suspect.
Another fatal crash partially shut down eastbound Loop 101 near 67th Avenue.
The Arizona Department of Transportation reported the lanes reopened around 8 a.m.
The US 60 was reopened about 9 a.m.
- More than $1.66M raised for Phoenix Children’s Hospital during Give-A-Thon
- Arizona Supreme Court OKs law penalizing cities for destroying guns
- Phoenix police shoot suspect armed with knife approaching them
- Chase Field dispute between D-backs, county heading to arbitration
- Arizona members of US Congress ask president not to pardon Arpaio