2 motorcyclists killed in separate crashes on Phoenix-area freeways
PHOENIX — Two motorcyclists were killed in separate accidents on Phoenix-area freeways Monday morning, including a hit-and-run.
Authorities said a motorcycle rider bumped another vehicle on U.S. 60 West near Country Club Drive in the East Valley, fell off the bike and was run over by a truck.
The driver of the truck did not pull over and the Arizona Department of Public Safety was searching for the suspect.
Another fatal crash partially shut down eastbound Loop 101 near 67th Avenue.
The Arizona Department of Transportation reported the lanes reopened around 8 a.m.
The US 60 was reopened about 9 a.m.
- FBI searching for 2 suspects in violent casino robbery in Payson
- 3 Arizona cities rank among best in nation for first-time home buyers
- Prosecutors say Russian hackers leased servers in Arizona, Illinois
- Arizonans who fall in love online could be victims of romance scam
- Mistrial declared for ex-Arizona regulator charged with bribery