2 motorcyclists killed in separate crashes on Phoenix-area freeways
PHOENIX — Two motorcyclists were killed in separate accidents on Phoenix-area freeways Monday morning, including a hit-and-run.
Authorities said a motorcycle rider bumped another vehicle on U.S. 60 West near Country Club Drive in the East Valley, fell off the bike and was run over by a truck.
The driver of the truck did not pull over and the Arizona Department of Public Safety was searching for the suspect.
Another fatal crash partially shut down eastbound Loop 101 near 67th Avenue.
The Arizona Department of Transportation reported the lanes reopened around 8 a.m.
The US 60 was reopened about 9 a.m.
- Check out these highlights from 2018 Luke Days featuring the Blue Angels
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 homicide
- Free speech lawsuit against Arizona State University reaches agreement