2 motorcyclists killed in separate crashes on Phoenix-area freeways
PHOENIX — Two motorcyclists were killed in separate accidents on Phoenix-area freeways Monday morning, including a hit-and-run.
Authorities said a motorcycle rider bumped another vehicle on U.S. 60 West near Country Club Drive in the East Valley, fell off the bike and was run over by a truck.
The driver of the truck did not pull over and the Arizona Department of Public Safety was searching for the suspect.
Another fatal crash partially shut down eastbound Loop 101 near 67th Avenue.
The Arizona Department of Transportation reported the lanes reopened around 8 a.m.
The US 60 was reopened about 9 a.m.
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix