2 motorcyclists killed in separate crashes on Phoenix-area freeways
PHOENIX — Two motorcyclists were killed in separate accidents on Phoenix-area freeways Monday morning, including a hit-and-run.
Authorities said a motorcycle rider bumped another vehicle on U.S. 60 West near Country Club Drive in the East Valley, fell off the bike and was run over by a truck.
The driver of the truck did not pull over and the Arizona Department of Public Safety was searching for the suspect.
Another fatal crash partially shut down eastbound Loop 101 near 67th Avenue.
The Arizona Department of Transportation reported the lanes reopened around 8 a.m.
The US 60 was reopened about 9 a.m.
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow
- Arizona researchers find evidence of ice cliffs on Mars
- Mix Up Bar named coziest restaurant in Arizona
- Phoenix Madison Square Garden once the center for events in the Valley