The Republican party announced that Mike Pence had won the vice presidential debate. The problem?
The debate hadn’t even taken place yet.
Just before 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, the GOP published their post debate analysis of what was talked about at the debate and who the clear winner was. The biggest issue with that is the debate wasn’t even going to begin for another hour-and-a-half.
Not only was Mike Pence named a big-time winner over Tim Kaine, but “the other clear winner from tonight’s debate was Donald Trump.”
It is not unexpected to think that both parties would believe they each won the debate after it took place, but to post that you are the winning party of the debate before it even happened? That’s bold to say the least.
- Sen. Jeff Flake’s primary challenger raised $1 million in 2017
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s vulnerability feeds GOP Senate concerns
- The Latest: Trump and GOP senator trade barbs on Twitter
- Trump reaches out to Democrats in bid for ‘great’ health law
- Experts: Joe Arpaio’s pardon not likely to be overturned