The Republican party announced that Mike Pence had won the vice presidential debate. The problem?
The debate hadn’t even taken place yet.
Just before 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, the GOP published their post debate analysis of what was talked about at the debate and who the clear winner was. The biggest issue with that is the debate wasn’t even going to begin for another hour-and-a-half.
Not only was Mike Pence named a big-time winner over Tim Kaine, but “the other clear winner from tonight’s debate was Donald Trump.”
It is not unexpected to think that both parties would believe they each won the debate after it took place, but to post that you are the winning party of the debate before it even happened? That’s bold to say the least.
- Trump to depart Phoenix for Reno before heading to White House
- In Phoenix, Trump blames media for condemning Charlottesville response
- Trump signs bill expanding college assistance for veterans
- North Korean tensions aren’t deterring tourists from Guam
- Protests, vigils around US decry white supremacist rally