Loop 303 closed in Peoria for law enforcement activity
PHOENIX – Southbound traffic on Loop 303 was closed for several hours in Peoria on Wednesday morning because of police activity, authorities said.
The West Valley freeway was closed at Lake Pleasant Parkway around 8:15 a.m., according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT announced that the closure was lifted about three hours later.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the shutdown occurred after a suspect fleeing from the Surprise Police Department entered Loop 303 in the wrong direction.
State troopers stopped the vehicle and took the suspect into custody, according to an email from DPS Sgt. Kameron Lee.
No other information was immediately available.
Get the latest KTAR News 92.3 FM traffic alerts sent straight to your phone by texting “TRAFFIC” to 411923.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from March 5-7
- Downtown Phoenix Deck Park Tunnel getting modern lighting system
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed in Phoenix after crash
- Arizona plans to allocate $230M for highway safety, capacity projects
- Suspect charged with first-degree murder in abduction death of mom