MCSO: Man pronounced dead after drowning in the Salt River
PHOENIX — An adult man was pronounced dead near the Salt River Monday, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department.
MCSO said deputies responded to a call for a reported drowning around 4 p.m. near Blue Point Bridge and Sheep’s Crossing.
According to authorities, the man was under water at the Salt River for approximately 15 minutes before his body was recovered.
There was no additional information available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Report shows MCSO displaying signs of racial bias during traffic stops
- Former Arizona health director upset with lack of social distancing
- 60-year-old Phoenix man hospitalized after possible drowning incident
- 69-year-old man found dead near pool at home in Surprise
- Weekend wrap-up: Here are the biggest Arizona stories from May 8-10