See what $150,000 in real estate gets you in two Phoenix neighborhoods
PHOENIX — Phoenix has long been known as a city where buyers get a lot of bang for their buck when it comes to real estate, but exactly how far does that money go?
Thanks to real estate website Trulia, we now have a better idea.
The site put together a list of what $150,000 would get a buyer in nine of the nation’s hottest real estate neighborhoods, and two of those just so happened to be in Phoenix.
The two Valley homes could not be more different.
The first is a three-bedroom home for sale near Interstate 17 and Van Buren Street, west of the downtown Phoenix area. Trulia said the home is in the “up-and-coming Estrella neighborhood.”
In addition to the bedrooms, the home has two full bathrooms, hardwood floors and a big backyard for $139,000.
The place offers one bedroom and one bathroom, but it’s the 20-foot balcony with views of downtown that makes it worth the money. The condo is also walking distance from the popular Uptown Plaza, home to restaurants such as Huss Brewing, Flower Child and Chicago deep dish pizza chain Lou Malnati’s.
The condo also has access to a pool, fitness center, theater and rooftop lounge.
Flip through the gallery below to see what $150,000 will get you in two of Phoenix’s trendiest neighborhoods.
- Main Street Minute: Coffee chain donating sales to Valley fire station
- Phoenix, Tucson among nation’s top 25 cities for economic opportunity
- Mesa mayor makes pitch to Amazon for second headquarters
- Scottsdale organization provides free help to single parents battling cancer
- Phoenix’s first shopping mall to get $57M transformation