Wolf, Jim Sharpe show you how to talk like a football pro during the Super Bowl
On Sunday, millions of Americans will gather around TVs to pig out, maybe have a couple of cocktails and talk football during Super Bowl LI.
While the game has many other attractions — commercials are always a talking point and Lady Gaga is performing at the halftime show — a healthy amount of time will be dedicated to talking about the game itself.
That can be a big problem for those of us who don’t watch football regularly. The sport can seem a little intimidating and, we’ll admit it, confusing at times. Football fans may grasp what’s going on, but those who only watch on occasion may get lost between all the references to gaps, slants and nickel and dimes.
We asked Ron Wolfley, former NFL player and host of Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, and KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Jim Sharpe to give us some pointers on how to talk football.
The pair didn’t disappoint. Wolf even gives a breakdown of what to expect in the game so you can partake in the biggest question of the week: “Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl?”
Don’t get us wrong: This video won’t teach you everything you need to know about the game, but it will let you sound knowledgeable while you reach for another chicken wing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Trump fuels spread of altered Biden video, tweeting it twice
- Phoenix police accused of mocking Muslim man who later died in custody
- Massive deadly explosion leaves behind widespread damage in Beirut
- James Garcia’s family wants Phoenix police to release all video of shooting
- Phoenix police release new video of officers fatally shooting James Garcia