Every child needs a strong male figure in their life and one Arizona organization is working to make sure those men are prepared for the responsibility.
Phoenix-based organization Father Matters aims to give fathers in socially- and economically-deprived communities a strong mentor in their lives and teach them how to become a mentor of their own.
Vance Simms, a life coach, founded the group in 1997, after Simms noticed the “tremendous need” for fathering, according to the organization’s website.
Simms grew up without his father and wanted to be a presence in the lives of his own five children.
The organization does not just target men: Father Matters is dedicated to providing tools to women in order to improve the well-being in their homes and communities.
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- Men steal Cricket Wireless phones while woman distracts employee
- Thousands to take part in Women’s March in Phoenix on Saturday
- Federal employees line up in Phoenix for food boxes on 28th shutdown day
- Why was Hacienda HealthCare not licensed by Arizona?
- Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper injured in Phoenix crash