PHOENIX — Numerous streets in and around downtown Tempe will be closed or restricted this weekend for the Ironman Triathlon.
A majority of the closures are in effect all weekend, with some spilling over to Monday. No specific time has been given for closures and restrictions to be lifted.
To avoid closures, drivers are encouraged to use State Route 143 or the Loop 101. A detailed list of all closures and restrictions is below.
Rio Salado Parkway will be closed from Mill to Ash from 6 a.m. Thursday to 12 p.m. Monday.
Rio Salado Parkway will be closed from Mill to Hardy from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday.
Eastbound Rio Salado Parkway will be down to one lane from Mill to McClintock. All intersecting streets will only be permitted to make right turns.
Westbound Rio Salado Parkway will be closed between McClintock and Mill. All westbound traffic must turn left onto southbound McClintock Drive. Limited access will be given to residents who live between Rural and Mill from southbound Rural Road only.
Northbound Priest Drive will be down to two lanes between Rio Salado Parkway and the eastbound Loop 202 on-ramp.
Southbound Mill Avenue will be closed from Washington/Curry to Second Street.
Northbound Mill Avenue will be closed at Second Street.
Southbound Scottsdale Road will be closed at the Loop 202. Local residents will still have access.
Northbound Rural Road will be closed at Rio Salado Parkway. All traffic will be diverted to eastbound Rio Salado.
McClintock will be closed in both directions between Rio Salado Parkway and the Loop 202 ramps. Northbound traffic north of the ramps will be restricted to one lane. Southbound traffic that does not take Curry will be diverted to the westbound Loop 202.
All Loop 202 traffic exiting at Scottsdale Road will be diverted to northbound Scottsdale Road. Local traffic will be permitted to use southbound Scottsdale Road.
All Loop 202 traffic exiting at McClintock Road will be diverted onto northbound McClintock.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food