PHOENIX — Phoenix police say they have arrested three men accused of illegally running a medical marijuana facility.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson sent out a press release early Saturday morning with the details. According to the release, on Friday evening officers served a search warrant to a house on the 12300 block of North 32nd Street.
The search warrant was served after probable cause determined the individuals had no valid business license but were selling marijuana, brownies, muffins and candies containing marijuana. Along with the items, several weapons were seized by officers.
Kenneth George Winans, 52; Hernan Andre Vega, 40; and Jeremy Lee Buford Skidmore, 34, were arrested and booked into the Maricopa County Jail for illegally controlling an enterprise, possession of marijuana for sale and possession of narcotic drugs for sale. Vega and Skidmore were also charged with possessing a firearm during a drug offense.
Arizona voters approved the use of medicinal marijuana in 2010. The Department
of Health Services oversees the program and regulates dispensaries where
patients and caregivers can legally buy marijuana.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development