PHOENIX — Phoenix police say they have arrested three men accused of illegally running a medical marijuana facility.
Sgt. Tommy Thompson sent out a press release early Saturday morning with the details. According to the release, on Friday evening officers served a search warrant to a house on the 12300 block of North 32nd Street.
The search warrant was served after probable cause determined the individuals had no valid business license but were selling marijuana, brownies, muffins and candies containing marijuana. Along with the items, several weapons were seized by officers.
Kenneth George Winans, 52; Hernan Andre Vega, 40; and Jeremy Lee Buford Skidmore, 34, were arrested and booked into the Maricopa County Jail for illegally controlling an enterprise, possession of marijuana for sale and possession of narcotic drugs for sale. Vega and Skidmore were also charged with possessing a firearm during a drug offense.
Arizona voters approved the use of medicinal marijuana in 2010. The Department
of Health Services oversees the program and regulates dispensaries where
patients and caregivers can legally buy marijuana.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains