After being diagnosed with a rare heart condition, 15-month-old Mackenzee Armes is set to undergo a surgery that will impant an artificial heart and hopefully give the young girl more time to live.
According to Fox 10, the Armes family was shocked when they brought their daughter to the emergency room for a fever, only to find that their child was dying of a rare heart condition. Armes was diagnosed with dilated cardio myapathy, a condition which prevents the heart from pumping blood normally. This disease affects only six in every one million children.
Armes is scheduled to receive an artificial heart at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Thursday.
Lisa Ames, Mackenzee’s mother, said:
“I want to go back to the hospital and spend every minute I can with my daughter because they say there’s some major risks during this surgery and I’m really scared,”
The six-hour surgery will be funded by Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food