After being diagnosed with a rare heart condition, 15-month-old Mackenzee Armes is set to undergo a surgery that will impant an artificial heart and hopefully give the young girl more time to live.
According to Fox 10, the Armes family was shocked when they brought their daughter to the emergency room for a fever, only to find that their child was dying of a rare heart condition. Armes was diagnosed with dilated cardio myapathy, a condition which prevents the heart from pumping blood normally. This disease affects only six in every one million children.
Armes is scheduled to receive an artificial heart at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Thursday.
Lisa Ames, Mackenzee’s mother, said:
“I want to go back to the hospital and spend every minute I can with my daughter because they say there’s some major risks during this surgery and I’m really scared,”
The six-hour surgery will be funded by Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.