There are believed to be 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States.
Arizona Sen. Bob Worsley has a plan to solve the immigration problem. He is pushing for those illegals to come out of the shadows as a part of his approach to immigration reform.
In an interview with News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie and Chuck on Monday, Worsley presented his idea of how to handle the current immigration problem in America, specifically in Arizona.
“We have to solve the entire problem,” Worsley said. “Until we can take those 11 million people and get them to come out of the shadows and identify who they are, why they’re here, if they’re law-abiding people other than coming here without legal authorization, if they’re otherwise law-abiding people and they’re here to work, they’re not here to abuse our system. We need to separate them from the people that are here doing bad things.”
Worsley believes instead of evicting the 11 million illegal immigrants in America, provide them with provisional citizenship that would give officials time to determine who are honest law-abiding citizens and those who “abuse” the system and aren’t necessarily law-abiding.
The senator also explained border security needs to be strengthened due to the fact that drug cartels come into the states through Arizona.
“The bad guys, you might say, on the other side, cartels and others, human smuggling folks, they know that here’s a weak point and therefore we get 50 percent of all drug traffic and all human trafficking coming through the Tucson sector into Maricopa County,” Worsley said. “Then it gets supply chained, gets bulked somewhere here and goes to the rest of the U.S. That’s an impossible situation for us to be happy with here in Arizona.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development