There are believed to be 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States.
Arizona Sen. Bob Worsley has a plan to solve the immigration problem. He is pushing for those illegals to come out of the shadows as a part of his approach to immigration reform.
In an interview with News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie and Chuck on Monday, Worsley presented his idea of how to handle the current immigration problem in America, specifically in Arizona.
“We have to solve the entire problem,” Worsley said. “Until we can take those 11 million people and get them to come out of the shadows and identify who they are, why they’re here, if they’re law-abiding people other than coming here without legal authorization, if they’re otherwise law-abiding people and they’re here to work, they’re not here to abuse our system. We need to separate them from the people that are here doing bad things.”
Worsley believes instead of evicting the 11 million illegal immigrants in America, provide them with provisional citizenship that would give officials time to determine who are honest law-abiding citizens and those who “abuse” the system and aren’t necessarily law-abiding.
The senator also explained border security needs to be strengthened due to the fact that drug cartels come into the states through Arizona.
“The bad guys, you might say, on the other side, cartels and others, human smuggling folks, they know that here’s a weak point and therefore we get 50 percent of all drug traffic and all human trafficking coming through the Tucson sector into Maricopa County,” Worsley said. “Then it gets supply chained, gets bulked somewhere here and goes to the rest of the U.S. That’s an impossible situation for us to be happy with here in Arizona.”
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America