There are believed to be 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States.
Arizona Sen. Bob Worsley has a plan to solve the immigration problem. He is pushing for those illegals to come out of the shadows as a part of his approach to immigration reform.
In an interview with News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie and Chuck on Monday, Worsley presented his idea of how to handle the current immigration problem in America, specifically in Arizona.
“We have to solve the entire problem,” Worsley said. “Until we can take those 11 million people and get them to come out of the shadows and identify who they are, why they’re here, if they’re law-abiding people other than coming here without legal authorization, if they’re otherwise law-abiding people and they’re here to work, they’re not here to abuse our system. We need to separate them from the people that are here doing bad things.”
Worsley believes instead of evicting the 11 million illegal immigrants in America, provide them with provisional citizenship that would give officials time to determine who are honest law-abiding citizens and those who “abuse” the system and aren’t necessarily law-abiding.
The senator also explained border security needs to be strengthened due to the fact that drug cartels come into the states through Arizona.
“The bad guys, you might say, on the other side, cartels and others, human smuggling folks, they know that here’s a weak point and therefore we get 50 percent of all drug traffic and all human trafficking coming through the Tucson sector into Maricopa County,” Worsley said. “Then it gets supply chained, gets bulked somewhere here and goes to the rest of the U.S. That’s an impossible situation for us to be happy with here in Arizona.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets