PHOENIX — Fans can enjoy Arizona Diamondbacks games this season without putting a dent in their wallet, if the team has anything to say about it.
The goal is to get a family of four to a D-backs game for less than $100, Executive Vice President Cullen Maxey said, adding that the team has a value menu designed to keep costs low.
“It features the $1.50 hot dog, $1.50 Pepsi, $1.50 popcorn as well as the famous $4 14-ounce beer,” Maxey said.
The menu is a staple of the stadium that has become a part of the Diamondbacks’ philosophy. It’s available at all concession stands throughout the stadium.
Shannon Hall said the menu changed her plans before heading to her first D-backs game.
“We were going to eat outside the park before the game and then I saw that there are some great prices,” she said.
CNN Money recently named Chase Field one of the cheapest ballparks for concessions in Major League Baseball. Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall told CNN Money that the low concession prices became a priority after the financial crisis of 2008.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier