PHOENIX — Fans can enjoy Arizona Diamondbacks games this season without putting a dent in their wallet, if the team has anything to say about it.
The goal is to get a family of four to a D-backs game for less than $100, Executive Vice President Cullen Maxey said, adding that the team has a value menu designed to keep costs low.
“It features the $1.50 hot dog, $1.50 Pepsi, $1.50 popcorn as well as the famous $4 14-ounce beer,” Maxey said.
The menu is a staple of the stadium that has become a part of the Diamondbacks’ philosophy. It’s available at all concession stands throughout the stadium.
Shannon Hall said the menu changed her plans before heading to her first D-backs game.
“We were going to eat outside the park before the game and then I saw that there are some great prices,” she said.
CNN Money recently named Chase Field one of the cheapest ballparks for concessions in Major League Baseball. Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall told CNN Money that the low concession prices became a priority after the financial crisis of 2008.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development