PHOENIX — Fans can enjoy Arizona Diamondbacks games this season without putting a dent in their wallet, if the team has anything to say about it.
The goal is to get a family of four to a D-backs game for less than $100, Executive Vice President Cullen Maxey said, adding that the team has a value menu designed to keep costs low.
“It features the $1.50 hot dog, $1.50 Pepsi, $1.50 popcorn as well as the famous $4 14-ounce beer,” Maxey said.
The menu is a staple of the stadium that has become a part of the Diamondbacks’ philosophy. It’s available at all concession stands throughout the stadium.
Shannon Hall said the menu changed her plans before heading to her first D-backs game.
“We were going to eat outside the park before the game and then I saw that there are some great prices,” she said.
CNN Money recently named Chase Field one of the cheapest ballparks for concessions in Major League Baseball. Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall told CNN Money that the low concession prices became a priority after the financial crisis of 2008.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night