Well, Arizona, you got what you wanted.
I don’t know if Arizona will ever actually BE a purple state, but there are now more registered Independents than Republicans or Democrats. Whether or not they vote is the question.
Also, for whom does an Independent likely vote?
The latest Rasmussen poll in Arizona found gubernatorial candidates Republican Doug Ducey and Democrat Fred DuVal are tied at 40 percent of the vote. The poll did not include the Libertarian candidate, Barry Hess, who factored in as high as 12 percent in other polls.
When it comes to being a well-known name, Ducey comes out way on top, with only 7 percent of respondents NOT knowing his name.
On issues of trust and taxes, Arizonans trust the two candidates differently, but our own political expert pollster Mike O’Neill said if there ever was such a thing as a gubernatorial tossup in Arizona, this race is it.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns