Semitrailer rolls over, blocks I-10 traffic west of Phoenix
PHOENIX — A semitrailer rollover shut down freeway lanes far west of Phoenix Wednesday morning. Authorities said the closure would last a while.
The accident on Interstate 10 detoured drivers at 411th Avenue in Tonopah. The road was closed for about two hours.
Traffic is exiting at 411th Avenue in Tonopah and returning to I-10 at Wintersburg Road Road via Salome Highway. https://t.co/vSbvgeTeOX
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) February 7, 2018
Lanes were fully reopened just before noon.
Tonopah is near the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, about 50 miles west of downtown Phoenix.
No other details were immediately available.
- Vehicle runs red light, hits Gilbert police car Saturday morning
- Airliner with 110 aboard crashes in Cuba, 3 said to survive
- I-10 in west Phoenix to be closed this weekend for Loop 202 work
- Wrong-way driver warning system showing promise, ADOT says
- ADOT turns to wildlife center to save owls from construction