Semitrailer rolls over, blocks I-10 traffic west of Phoenix
PHOENIX — A semitrailer rollover shut down freeway lanes far west of Phoenix Wednesday morning. Authorities said the closure would last a while.
The accident on Interstate 10 detoured drivers at 411th Avenue in Tonopah. The road was closed for about two hours.
Traffic is exiting at 411th Avenue in Tonopah and returning to I-10 at Wintersburg Road Road via Salome Highway. https://t.co/vSbvgeTeOX
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) February 7, 2018
Lanes were fully reopened just before noon.
Tonopah is near the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, about 50 miles west of downtown Phoenix.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona officials postpone Loop 101 closure in north Phoenix due to rain
- Arizona MVD ‘safe selfie’ stations warn new drivers about ID theft
- Low pay hurting Arizona DPS efforts to recruit, retain troopers, official says
- ADOT officers, human and K-9, seize over 1,000 pounds of marijuana
- Drivers to use stretch of future South Mountain Freeway for first time