Semitrailer rolls over, blocks I-10 traffic west of Phoenix
PHOENIX — A semitrailer rollover shut down freeway lanes far west of Phoenix Wednesday morning. Authorities said the closure would last a while.
The accident on Interstate 10 detoured drivers at 411th Avenue in Tonopah. The road was closed for about two hours.
Traffic is exiting at 411th Avenue in Tonopah and returning to I-10 at Wintersburg Road Road via Salome Highway. https://t.co/vSbvgeTeOX
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) February 7, 2018
Lanes were fully reopened just before noon.
Tonopah is near the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, about 50 miles west of downtown Phoenix.
No other details were immediately available.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- How an ADOT program attracts women and minorities
- Fatal wreck shuts down part of eastbound US 60 in Mesa
- Eastbound I-10 will close between 67th and 51st avenues this weekend
- Car rolls over on highway south of Phoenix, driver injured
- Vehicles crash, roll over, land on roofs on State Route 51 in Phoenix