Semitrailer rolls over, blocks I-10 traffic west of Phoenix
PHOENIX — A semitrailer rollover shut down freeway lanes far west of Phoenix Wednesday morning. Authorities said the closure would last a while.
The accident on Interstate 10 detoured drivers at 411th Avenue in Tonopah. The road was closed for about two hours.
Traffic is exiting at 411th Avenue in Tonopah and returning to I-10 at Wintersburg Road Road via Salome Highway. https://t.co/vSbvgeTeOX
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) February 7, 2018
Lanes were fully reopened just before noon.
Tonopah is near the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, about 50 miles west of downtown Phoenix.
No other details were immediately available.
- US 60 westbound at Loop 101 reopens after accident
- Public confidence in autonomous vehicles is on the decline
- Parts of I-10 in Phoenix to be restricted for South Mountain Freeway work
- New highway could connect West Valley to downtown Phoenix
- Wreck involving semi truck blocks US 60 eastbound lanes in Mesa