Update: Surveillance footage shows two juveniles in proximity of Gilbert complex fire
The Gilbert Police Department is still investigating the Via Sorento fire at 240 W. Juniper that occurred on the evening of Oct. 15 and new information may have surfaced.
Surveillance footage shows two juveniles near the complex, and investigators would like to speak with them in order to obtain additional facts.
The Arizona Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention and the Arizona Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators are offering a reward upward of $10,000 and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives organization is offering upward of $5,000. The developer of Via Sorento, D.R. Horton is also offering an additional $15,000 reward.
Witnesses have already come forward, reportedly having seen a young male wearing a maroon Arizona State University sweatshirt with black or dark gym shorts, however it does not appear that the two featured in the video match that description.
If anyone has any information regarding the complex fire or the two juvenile individuals, please contact the Gilbert Fire and Rescue Department at (480) 503-6346.
- Main Street Minute: Moms’ support service moves to Gilbert
- ASU’s online business school’s MBA program named top 5 in nation
- ASU professor awarded $6.4M grant to test canine cancer vaccine
- Cindy McCain, ASU student awarded MLK Jr. honor for community work
- Phoenix-area suburb posts funny video to show off warm winter weather