A dust storm hit the Casa Grande area Monday night and continued to pile through to Phoenix, bringing thunderstorms and heavy winds and rain.
The National Weather Service issued a dust storm warning for Pinal County from 5:40 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
A severe thunderstorm warning was also put out for Maricopa County from 5:40 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. That warning was extended to 7:30 p.m.
Those storms producing heavy rain and winds brought some flight delays to Sky Harbor for roughly 30 minutes according to the airport.
There were also power outages to central Phoenix.
A flash flood warning for Maricopa County was announced for 6:20 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. A blowing dust advisory was also out for the county through to 8:00 p.m.
Earlier in the afternoon, showers hit the areas to the west of Tucson headed towards Casa Grande, and began to pick up dust.
- Phoenix airport exploring plan to leave parking business
- More items from Macayo’s heading to auction in Phoenix, Casa Grande
- Hula’s Modern Tiki to close in Phoenix, relocate nearby
- Phoenix man accused of kidnapping, assaulting four women
- Valley law enforcement K9s undergo explosive detection training