LEVITTOWN, Pa. (AP) – The mother of a suburban Philadelphia teenager seriously injured in a bus crash in Boston over the weekend says he is alert and able to cooperate with his doctors.
The Bucks County Courier Times reports (
http://bit.ly/11Qgb0Q) the mother of 16-year-old Neshaminy High School sophomore Matthew Cruz says in a statement that the family is hoping and praying for the best recovery possible. Megan Cruz says her son is alert and aware of what’s happening.
She thanked the people of Boston, including Mayor Thomas Menino and the staff at Boston Medical Center.
The crash happened Saturday when the bus slammed into a bridge. The accident injured 35 people who were part of a group from Pennsylvania visiting Harvard University.
Massachusetts state police have said the investigation is continuing.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered