LIBERTY, Texas (AP) – A jury has sentenced a Texas man to life in prison for his role in the attack of an 11-year-old girl who authorities say was sexually assaulted by 20 males.
Jared Len Cruse was convicted of aggravated sexual assault earlier Wednesday in Liberty. His trial began Tuesday.
The 20-year-old Cruse had faced a minimum sentence of 25 years. He was the second person tried in the case.
The first person who went to trial, Eric McGowen, was convicted and sentenced in August to 99 years in prison.
Prosecutors say the girl, now 13, was sexually assaulted in 2010 on at least five occasions in Cleveland, about 45 miles northeast of Houston.
Six juveniles and six adults previously pleaded guilty in the case.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development