No one had heard from Nurmi about his personal ordeal of having to deal with Arias for over five years as he attempted to save her life.
Why? Because he wasn’t allowed to tell us. Until now.
I had the opportunity to interview Nurmi about his new book, “Trapped With Ms. Arias” and the struggles and strategy that came along with representing Arias during her murder trial. The interview is broken up into five segments. A new one will be introduced each day this week.
This special “Legally Speaking” series is for those who want an insider’s look at the trial, from what was happening outside of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to the inner workings of the courtroom.
In this episode, Nurmi tells me about what it was like for him personally to serve in the trial and the effect it had on his life.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
- Two adults found with non-fatal gunshot wounds in Phoenix
- Stolen vehicle led to crash in Phoenix that killed 3, injured 7, police say
- Man arrested in fatal hit-and-run of woman sleeping on ground in Phoenix
- Arizona man arrested in Mexico on child sex charges
- Scottsdale police arrest 2 more suspects in Papago Park death