No one had heard from Nurmi about his personal ordeal of having to deal with Arias for over five years as he attempted to save her life.
Why? Because he wasn’t allowed to tell us. Until now.
I had the opportunity to interview Nurmi about his new book, “Trapped With Ms. Arias” and the struggles and strategy that came along with representing Arias during her murder trial. The interview is broken up into five segments. A new one will be introduced each day this week.
This special “Legally Speaking” series is for those who want an insider’s look at the trial, from what was happening outside of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to the inner workings of the courtroom.
In this episode, Nurmi tells me about the hype surrounding the Arias trial. It was tracked nationwide and people even gathered outside of the courtroom to await the verdict. He said he has never seen anything like it.
- Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez fired by Maricopa County, appealing move
- Legally Speaking: Appeals decision is step closer to end of Arias legal saga
- Arizona appeals court upholds Jodi Arias’ murder conviction, sentence
- Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez placed on paid administrative leave
- Friends of convicted Arizona killer Jodi Arias in spotlight on new show