No one had heard from Nurmi about his personal ordeal of having to deal with Arias for over five years as he attempted to save her life.
Why? Because he wasn’t allowed to tell us. Until now.
I had the opportunity to interview Nurmi about his new book, “Trapped With Ms. Arias” and the struggles and strategy that came along with representing Arias during her murder trial. The interview is broken up into five segments. A new one will be introduced each day this week.
This special “Legally Speaking” series is for those who want an insider’s look at the trial, from what was happening outside of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to the inner workings of the courtroom.
In this episode, Nurmi tells me about the hype surrounding the Arias trial. It was tracked nationwide and people even gathered outside of the courtroom to await the verdict. He said he has never seen anything like it.
- Friends of convicted Arizona killer Jodi Arias in spotlight on new show
- Suspect in Phoenix jail officer’s death could face 1st-degree murder charge
- Legally Speaking: Reversal in Jodi Arias case possible, but not likely
- Arizona court hears appeal of Jodi Arias murder conviction
- Court sets Phoenix trial date for ex-Hacienda nurse Nathan Sutherland