No one had heard from Nurmi about his personal ordeal of having to deal with Arias for over five years as he attempted to save her life.
Why? Because he wasn’t allowed to tell us. Until now.
I had the opportunity to interview Nurmi about his new book, “Trapped With Ms. Arias” and the struggles and strategy that came along with representing Arias during her murder trial. The interview is broken up into five segments. A new one will be introduced each day this week.
This special “Legally Speaking” series is for those who want an insider’s look at the trial, from what was happening outside of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to the inner workings of the courtroom.
In this episode, Nurmi tells me about the hype surrounding the Arias trial. It was tracked nationwide and people even gathered outside of the courtroom to await the verdict. He said he has never seen anything like it.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
- Backpage founders lose bid to recuse Arizona judge at upcoming trial
- Legally Speaking: Arizona employees could be required to get virus vaccine
- Arizona Supreme Court declines to review Jodi Arias’ murder conviction
- Legally Speaking: Why Arizona’s voter registration deadline was extended
- Virus vaccine put to final test in thousands of volunteers