You may remember what Kirk Nurmi, the lead defense attorney in the State v. Jodi Arias trial, looked like and you might remember the outcome of the trial but you don’t remember what he had to say about his experience with Arias.
No one had heard from Nurmi about his personal ordeal of having to deal with Arias for over five years as he attempted to save her life.
Why? Because he wasn’t allowed to tell us. Until now.
I had the opportunity to interview Nurmi about his new book, “Trapped With Ms. Arias” and the struggles and strategy that came along with representing Arias during her murder trial. The interview is broken up into five segments. A new one will be introduced each day this week.
This special “Legally Speaking” series is for those who want an insider’s look at the trial, from what was happening outside of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to the inner workings of the courtroom.
In this episode, I talk with Nurmi a little more in-depth about his book and the massive time commitment that was Arias. He tried to withdraw numerous times from the case, but could never get away from serving as her attorney.
- Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez fired by Maricopa County, appealing move
- Legally Speaking: Appeals decision is step closer to end of Arias legal saga
- Arizona appeals court upholds Jodi Arias’ murder conviction, sentence
- Maricopa County gets new jail, intake facility
- Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez placed on paid administrative leave