No one had heard from Nurmi about his personal ordeal of having to deal with Arias for over five years as he attempted to save her life.
Why? Because he wasn’t allowed to tell us. Until now.
I had the opportunity to interview Nurmi about his new book, “Trapped With Ms. Arias” and the struggles and strategy that came along with representing Arias during her murder trial. The interview is broken up into five segments. A new one will be introduced each day this week.
This special “Legally Speaking” series is for those who want an insider’s look at the trial, from what was happening outside of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to the inner workings of the courtroom.
In this episode, Nurmi tells me about the physical and mental changes he went through during the multiple Arias trials and the strategies he implements when fighting for his clients’ lives.
- Arias prosecutor Martinez disbarred in Arizona over ethics case
- Harassment claims reinstated in Juan Martinez ethics case
- Q&A with top Arizona health official on coronavirus testing, hospitalizations
- Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez fired by Maricopa County, appealing move
- Legally Speaking: Appeals decision is step closer to end of Arias legal saga