No one had heard from Nurmi about his personal ordeal of having to deal with Arias for over five years as he attempted to save her life.
Why? Because he wasn’t allowed to tell us. Until now.
I had the opportunity to interview Nurmi about his new book, “Trapped With Ms. Arias” and the struggles and strategy that came along with representing Arias during her murder trial. The interview is broken up into five segments. A new one will be introduced each day this week.
This special “Legally Speaking” series is for those who want an insider’s look at the trial, from what was happening outside of the Maricopa County Superior Courthouse to the inner workings of the courtroom.
In the final episode, Nurmi tells me about how he was able to write his book, despite the fact that Arias has a right to confidentiality, and if he has spoken to her about it.
- Court sets Phoenix trial date for ex-Hacienda nurse Nathan Sutherland
- Arizona court to appoint independent counsel in Montgomery ethics probe
- Arias prosecutor Martinez reassigned in Maricopa County Attorney’s Office
- Arizona appeals court to livestream Jodi Arias hearing in October
- Arizona judge drops some charges against Arias prosecutor Martinez