Faster is better, but how do you know if you’re getting what you paid for?
If you have high speed internet, you’re paying your service provider for download speed.
In the last few weeks Cox Communications announced a major speed upgrade, up to 50 megabytes a second.
Now hold on, that’s UP TO 50 not guaranteed 50.
Speeds vary based on time of day, density in your area, and even the equipment in your home. So to get the best speeds you may need an equipment upgrade.
You should have the latest DOCSIS 3.0 modem. While it’s not going to guarantee you the maximum speed, it makes the best use of what your cable company is offering.
Now, what’s the best way to test your speed? We recommend Speedtest.net as one option. But running the test once, doesn’t really tell you your speed.
To do this, you want to run the test 3 different times during the day, over 3 different days. The average of those 9 tests will give you a real look at your internet speed.
We’ve posted a link that includes 3 testing sites for you to test your internet speed, it’s on our Facebook page.
We’ve got the answers to your technology questions.
All you have to do is ask.
Go to facebook.com/datadoctors.
- What can I do if my cell phone is getting bombarded with robocalls?
- How can I tell if a keylogger has been installed on my devices?
- How can I protect my router from the attack the FBI is warning about?
- What is your recommendation for DNA testing your pet?
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?