All right, tell the truth. You kept score Sunday night during the Academy Awards show didn’t you?
Some of your favorites lost. That film you hated won. It’s the Kentucky Derby with borrowed jewelry.
The Oscar race is now so competitive, so universally watched, that it’s got a special place with Vegas wagering. But no matter what you thought of the Academy’s choices or whether host Seth MacFarlane is the new Johnny Carson or simply a black-tie Beavis and Butthead, the question that needs to be asked is: What did you learn from the movies of 2013?
The lesson to be learned from “The Life of Pi” is fairly clear: It is far less dangerous to be alone on a raft with a Bengal tiger than to travel anywhere on Carnival cruise lines.
“Lincoln” proved that all humans are created equal, with the exception of Congress.
If you saw “Silver Linings Playbook,” you arrived at this profound conclusion: If you want to wind up with the sexiest man of the year, sleep with everyone in the office.
And finally, the moral of “Les Miserables:” If you want a loaf of bread, for God’s sake, just go to Safeway.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.