So they’ve found that there were only two winning Powerball tickets for the nearly $600 million dollar jackpot: one in Missouri and the other here in Arizona.
Just like everyone else, the moment I heard there was a winning ticket right here in this state, maybe in Phoenix, maybe right down the block, maybe me, I instantly lost all semblance of rational thinking and most of my values.
Let’s see…naturally, I’ll take the lump sum so my half would be cut to about $150 million That’s not a bad return for two minutes at a convenience store.
I love my country and will gladly pay my taxes. Besides, if I didn’t, they would send me to prison.
So I still wind up with around $95 million; $95 million to spend or to divide up among my relatives.
No! $95 million to spend. Let’s see first…at last I’m going to get…what? Fountain Hills? I didn’t buy a ticket in Fountain Hills.
The winner is there? That’s not fair. They have all that pretty water in the air and Joe Arpaio lives there. What am I left with?
I guess plans to buy another Powerball ticket for this Saturday.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon