So they’ve found that there were only two winning Powerball tickets for the nearly $600 million dollar jackpot: one in Missouri and the other here in Arizona.
Just like everyone else, the moment I heard there was a winning ticket right here in this state, maybe in Phoenix, maybe right down the block, maybe me, I instantly lost all semblance of rational thinking and most of my values.
Let’s see…naturally, I’ll take the lump sum so my half would be cut to about $150 million That’s not a bad return for two minutes at a convenience store.
I love my country and will gladly pay my taxes. Besides, if I didn’t, they would send me to prison.
So I still wind up with around $95 million; $95 million to spend or to divide up among my relatives.
No! $95 million to spend. Let’s see first…at last I’m going to get…what? Fountain Hills? I didn’t buy a ticket in Fountain Hills.
The winner is there? That’s not fair. They have all that pretty water in the air and Joe Arpaio lives there. What am I left with?
I guess plans to buy another Powerball ticket for this Saturday.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered