So they’ve found that there were only two winning Powerball tickets for the nearly $600 million dollar jackpot: one in Missouri and the other here in Arizona.
Just like everyone else, the moment I heard there was a winning ticket right here in this state, maybe in Phoenix, maybe right down the block, maybe me, I instantly lost all semblance of rational thinking and most of my values.
Let’s see…naturally, I’ll take the lump sum so my half would be cut to about $150 million That’s not a bad return for two minutes at a convenience store.
I love my country and will gladly pay my taxes. Besides, if I didn’t, they would send me to prison.
So I still wind up with around $95 million; $95 million to spend or to divide up among my relatives.
No! $95 million to spend. Let’s see first…at last I’m going to get…what? Fountain Hills? I didn’t buy a ticket in Fountain Hills.
The winner is there? That’s not fair. They have all that pretty water in the air and Joe Arpaio lives there. What am I left with?
I guess plans to buy another Powerball ticket for this Saturday.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain