Full disclosure: I was raised and grew up outside of Washington, D.C. and have been a lifelong fan of the Washington Redskins.
I own many jerseys, t-shirts and hats and, like all Redskins fans, live in the past, reminiscing on the days when we were a good football team.
I think the argument over the name is asinine.
Besides the obvious points like the fact that NOBODY uses the term “redskin” unless they are referencing a professional football team, the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board cancelled six federal trademarks held by the team.
Idiotic, especially when you consider the trademarks the exact same government agency APPROVED!
I mean, maybe you think “Cracka Azz Skateboards” is a totally appropriate, non-offensive name but I bet you SOMETHING on the list will make you think “redskin” would be a COMPLIMENT compared to that!
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.