Full disclosure: I was raised and grew up outside of Washington, D.C. and have been a lifelong fan of the Washington Redskins.
I own many jerseys, t-shirts and hats and, like all Redskins fans, live in the past, reminiscing on the days when we were a good football team.
I think the argument over the name is asinine.
Besides the obvious points like the fact that NOBODY uses the term “redskin” unless they are referencing a professional football team, the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board cancelled six federal trademarks held by the team.
Idiotic, especially when you consider the trademarks the exact same government agency APPROVED!
I mean, maybe you think “Cracka Azz Skateboards” is a totally appropriate, non-offensive name but I bet you SOMETHING on the list will make you think “redskin” would be a COMPLIMENT compared to that!
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon