Phoenix just recently opened a facility provided by Circle the City to help the sick and homeless.
“We take homeless men and women, who need further recovery. And they receive during their time with us, physician care, nursing care, a lovely clean place to sleep and shower, and three good meals a day,” Sister Adele O’Sullivan from City the Circle told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck.
The facility also provides case managers, who help homeless people with opportunities for after they get better.
“It’s a place where people don’t need to worry about anything but getting well.”
O’Sullivan, who founded Circle the City, receives funding from hospitals and through donations.
“I think the standard number in most acute care hospitals is about $1,000 a day or more that it costs to keep someone in a hospital. We would provide the person the adequate level of care for probably in the ballpark of $200 a day.”
They have physicians and nurses on-site every day. They also have a call system in case of an emergency.
“It’s our hope that in most cases that people will not go back to the streets,” O’Sullivan said. “We are making an intensive effort so that first we address the underlying cause of the homelessness while they are here and try to pull supports in.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier