Phoenix just recently opened a facility provided by Circle the City to help the sick and homeless.
“We take homeless men and women, who need further recovery. And they receive during their time with us, physician care, nursing care, a lovely clean place to sleep and shower, and three good meals a day,” Sister Adele O’Sullivan from City the Circle told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck.
The facility also provides case managers, who help homeless people with opportunities for after they get better.
“It’s a place where people don’t need to worry about anything but getting well.”
O’Sullivan, who founded Circle the City, receives funding from hospitals and through donations.
“I think the standard number in most acute care hospitals is about $1,000 a day or more that it costs to keep someone in a hospital. We would provide the person the adequate level of care for probably in the ballpark of $200 a day.”
They have physicians and nurses on-site every day. They also have a call system in case of an emergency.
“It’s our hope that in most cases that people will not go back to the streets,” O’Sullivan said. “We are making an intensive effort so that first we address the underlying cause of the homelessness while they are here and try to pull supports in.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food