HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (AP) – Southern California authorities say a man remains in critical condition after he was beaten nearly to death by skateboard-wielding attackers.
Huntington Beach police Lt. Mitchell O’Brien says the 25-year-old man suffered life-threatening head injuries during Friday night’s attack and four teenagers could face attempted murder charges. All four are on probation for previous crimes.
O’Brien says the man and his girlfriend intervened in a fight between two groups at a crowded skate park.
The skateboarders then turned on the couple. O’Brien says the man was chased to a coin laundry across the street and beaten with skateboards.
O’Brian tells City News Service that four youths, ages 14 to 16, were booked at Juvenile Hall on suspicion of attempted murder and three others are being sought.
Information from: The Orange County Register,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night