HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (AP) – Southern California authorities say a man remains in critical condition after he was beaten nearly to death by skateboard-wielding attackers.
Huntington Beach police Lt. Mitchell O’Brien says the 25-year-old man suffered life-threatening head injuries during Friday night’s attack and four teenagers could face attempted murder charges. All four are on probation for previous crimes.
O’Brien says the man and his girlfriend intervened in a fight between two groups at a crowded skate park.
The skateboarders then turned on the couple. O’Brien says the man was chased to a coin laundry across the street and beaten with skateboards.
O’Brian tells City News Service that four youths, ages 14 to 16, were booked at Juvenile Hall on suspicion of attempted murder and three others are being sought.
Information from: The Orange County Register,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns