Ocean lovers and beer drinkers, unite!
The masterminds at Salt Water Brewery have created a biodegradable alternative to the plastic rings that hold together six-packs.
The patent-pending “edible six-pack ring” is made of leftover scraps of barley and wheat from their brews to make an animal-friendly alternative.
Millions of sea creatures die annually due to the plastic rings that wind up in the ocean. This plastic substitute can either be broken down naturally or eaten by the different animals that live in the ocean.
While it may be a little pricey for one small brewery, if all major distributors got on board the pricing could be cut down and save countless fish, birds and other ocean life.
- Brutal winter in northeast US freezes part of Atlantic Ocean
- Four Peaks Brewing Company expands distribution to Colorado
- California couple goes viral for Winter ‘Pun-derland’ decorations
- Little brother swoops in to save sister during wrestling match
- Wonder what it would be like to fly in a $5K first-class suite?