Paul Bender, former Supreme Court law clerk, chief deputy associate solicitor general of the United States and dean of the Arizona State University School of Law is our sole guest this week.
Paul answers our questions about:
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s legacy
- Who are the leading candidates to replace him? Who could get confirmed?
- What happens in the case of a 4-4 tie vote in the Supreme Court?
- What are the most significant cases impacted by Scalia’s demise?
And in the final segment, Mike and Mike discuss the political implications of the impending appointment fight.
- Supreme Court ruling allows states to tax more online sales
- Legally Speaking: How could legalized sports betting affect Arizona?
- Supreme Court sports betting ruling doesn’t change status quo in Arizona
- Lay your money down: Court says states can OK sports betting
- Supreme Court strikes down as vague part of immigration law