The monsoon season’s combination of heat, rain, wind and dust storms can quickly make backyard swimming pools and spas turn green and murky. Here's how to avoid that happening.
A survey conducted in September and October 2020 by AARP found that older adults cited cost, knowledge gaps, and privacy concerns as top reasons they may be hesitant to adopt smart technology.
You can kept your electronics safe from electrical disasters by installing a whole-house surge protection system.
You may be surprised to learn that many small appliances use considerable amounts of energy, more than their larger counterparts.
If your patio faces south, west, or even worse, southwest, how can you enjoy it during the hottest and longest daylight hours of the year? Shade structures can help.
Underused swimming pools take up valuable real estate in a backyard that could be more functionally used. There are options beyond filling it in.
Arizona’s extreme heat and blast-furnace sun can wear down outdoor surfaces. Rather than buying new outdoor furniture, try your hand at restoring them.
A misting system will keep you cooler so you can enjoy sitting on your patio year-round. It is a perfect solution for Arizona's dry climate.
When your air conditioning system kicks on too often or one room is hotter than the others, it may be time to get a home energy audit.
When it's the time of year you generally depend on an air conditioner for cooling, don't rely on just the AC. Fans also play an important role in improving comfort levels.
- December's Rosie-do list: It's time to get ready for the Arizona winter
- November's Rosie-do list: Time to get ready for the holidays
- October's Rosie-do List: Keep your home running smoothly this month
- September’s Rosie-do list: Get your veggies, trees and yard ready for fall
- August’s Rosie-do list: Fix the monsoon issues, get ready for fall
- July's Rosie-do list will help you fight bugs brought on by the monsoon
- Ready your home for monsoon season with June's 'Rosie-do' list
- Eight things for homeowners to add to their 'Rosie-do' list for May
- 6 to-do items for your April 'Rosie-do' list
- Your 'Rosie-Do List' for March: Time to start gearing up for summer
- Rosie-Do List for February: Get outdoors to prepare for spring
- Here’s your ‘Rosie-Do List’ for January