A week that will go down in history: an asteroid zooms by the earth, a meteor disintegrates over Russia, it snows on my car.
Hey! Forget about the meteor stuff. I’m talking about breaking news.
It snowed on a parking lot I was in at 2:40 p.m. in Phoenix on Feb. 20. A friend said look outside and it was snowing. There might have been a little sleet, but that’s just hard snow.
I was just a couple blocks from Northern, but it wasn’t that Northern. Why didn’t the weather gods consider how close I was to Sunnyslope?
Look, if right now you’re in Flagstaff, quit laughing. In Phoenix this is a big deal. People actually went to the front door of the building and took pictures of all our cars with their white roofs. Everybody was excited.
Well, everybody but this one woman standing in the back frowning with her arms folded. I said “I’ll bet you never thought you’d see something like this in Phoenix.” She responded curtly, “I’m from Michigan and I’m not impressed.” Well, that’s her opinion.
As for me, I have to go buy a shovel before it’s too late.
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match