It’s the middle of July, and about the only thing that means to most of us is, “Will I make it through another monsoon?” and, “Can I afford to go to San Diego one more time?”
But looking ahead to next month, things begin to pick up.
The Cardinals play the Saints to open the preseason August 5 in the Hall of Fame game. Now, that really makes August important.
Oh yeah! And your kids go back to school too.
Then, September and October, which we in Arizona laughingly call autumn.
And, finally, the month we’ve all been waiting for. The month that send the blood surging through the veins of all true Americans: Election Day. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Can’t you feel it? Hello! Are you feeling it yet? Yeah, me neither.
Boy, what happened to the emotional fireworks from even four years ago? The passion and the history being made, on both sides. The hysteria that followed every move of Barack Obama and Sarah Palin. These were two rock stars.
And, so far, the enthusiasm of the voting public is what you might expect for two rocks.
Oh, sure. The extreme ends of the electorate will wind up at the polls, but will the rest of America?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains