It’s the middle of July, and about the only thing that means to most of us is, “Will I make it through another monsoon?” and, “Can I afford to go to San Diego one more time?”
But looking ahead to next month, things begin to pick up.
The Cardinals play the Saints to open the preseason August 5 in the Hall of Fame game. Now, that really makes August important.
Oh yeah! And your kids go back to school too.
Then, September and October, which we in Arizona laughingly call autumn.
And, finally, the month we’ve all been waiting for. The month that send the blood surging through the veins of all true Americans: Election Day. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Can’t you feel it? Hello! Are you feeling it yet? Yeah, me neither.
Boy, what happened to the emotional fireworks from even four years ago? The passion and the history being made, on both sides. The hysteria that followed every move of Barack Obama and Sarah Palin. These were two rock stars.
And, so far, the enthusiasm of the voting public is what you might expect for two rocks.
Oh, sure. The extreme ends of the electorate will wind up at the polls, but will the rest of America?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl