It’s the middle of July, and about the only thing that means to most of us is, “Will I make it through another monsoon?” and, “Can I afford to go to San Diego one more time?”
But looking ahead to next month, things begin to pick up.
The Cardinals play the Saints to open the preseason August 5 in the Hall of Fame game. Now, that really makes August important.
Oh yeah! And your kids go back to school too.
Then, September and October, which we in Arizona laughingly call autumn.
And, finally, the month we’ve all been waiting for. The month that send the blood surging through the veins of all true Americans: Election Day. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Can’t you feel it? Hello! Are you feeling it yet? Yeah, me neither.
Boy, what happened to the emotional fireworks from even four years ago? The passion and the history being made, on both sides. The hysteria that followed every move of Barack Obama and Sarah Palin. These were two rock stars.
And, so far, the enthusiasm of the voting public is what you might expect for two rocks.
Oh, sure. The extreme ends of the electorate will wind up at the polls, but will the rest of America?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain