It’s the middle of July, and about the only thing that means to most of us is, “Will I make it through another monsoon?” and, “Can I afford to go to San Diego one more time?”
But looking ahead to next month, things begin to pick up.
The Cardinals play the Saints to open the preseason August 5 in the Hall of Fame game. Now, that really makes August important.
Oh yeah! And your kids go back to school too.
Then, September and October, which we in Arizona laughingly call autumn.
And, finally, the month we’ve all been waiting for. The month that send the blood surging through the veins of all true Americans: Election Day. Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Can’t you feel it? Hello! Are you feeling it yet? Yeah, me neither.
Boy, what happened to the emotional fireworks from even four years ago? The passion and the history being made, on both sides. The hysteria that followed every move of Barack Obama and Sarah Palin. These were two rock stars.
And, so far, the enthusiasm of the voting public is what you might expect for two rocks.
Oh, sure. The extreme ends of the electorate will wind up at the polls, but will the rest of America?
I’m Pat McMahon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon