Elderly woman pronounced dead in south Phoenix house fire
PHOENIX — A woman’s body was found in a house fire in south Phoenix early on Saturday morning.
The house was destroyed by the fire and fire officials confirmed that an elderly woman was caught in the blaze and pronounced dead.
The fire took place near the corner of 15th Avenue and Broadway Road.
On Saturday, the woman was identified as 64-year-old Maria Corona.
Officials said that an investigation was ongoing.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix Fire Department recruitment period open until Feb. 4
- 1 dead in crash on 99th Avenue near Interstate 10 in West Valley
- Record number of Mexican gray wolves found dead in 2018
- Phoenix-area man among 5 Marines killed in aircraft crash near Japan
- Officials educate Phoenix homeowners about fire prevention during holidays