Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
The first total solar eclipse over the United States in almost a century has come and has gone Monday.
Enthusiasts all over the country got up early to stake out prime viewing spots in their cities to witness the eclipse. Totality, which is when the sun is completely blocked by the moon, lasted under three minutes (Phoenix’s view was quite a bit less than totality).
Office workers wearing legitimate protective eye wear left their desks to take a peek. Now all the nonsmokers know what a smoking break feels like.
Schoolkids poured out of classrooms to see the phenomenon — the previous coast-to-coast affair was in 1918.
This event was special. And if there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s that Twitter is all about marking the special.
Here’s a sampling of the funny reactions to the solar eclipse.
- Anderson Mesa telescope near Flagstaff to become biggest in world
- President Trump says summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un is back on
- ‘Roseanne’ reboot canceled following Barr’s racist Twitter post
- Trump says US team in North Korea planning summit with Kim
- Lawrence Krauss: How science affects political discourse, public policy