Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
The first total solar eclipse over the United States in almost a century has come and has gone Monday.
Enthusiasts all over the country got up early to stake out prime viewing spots in their cities to witness the eclipse. Totality, which is when the sun is completely blocked by the moon, lasted under three minutes (Phoenix’s view was quite a bit less than totality).
Office workers wearing legitimate protective eye wear left their desks to take a peek. Now all the nonsmokers know what a smoking break feels like.
Schoolkids poured out of classrooms to see the phenomenon — the previous coast-to-coast affair was in 1918.
This event was special. And if there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s that Twitter is all about marking the special.
Here’s a sampling of the funny reactions to the solar eclipse.
- Tesla to raise Supercharger rates in US, nearly double in Arizona
- Senate confirms Arizona Treasurer Jeff DeWit for NASA post
- Pluto Discovery Telescope in Flagstaff reopens after renovations
- Tighter-than-tight Pennsylvania congressional race too close to call
- Digital recruiting aims to help Phoenix police reach millennials