TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Firefighters in Florida are working with CSX Transportation officials to upright 10 toppled train cars that derailed at the Port of Tampa.
CSX spokesman Gary Sease told the Tampa Bay Times (
http://bit.ly/1bl9ttU) about 4,500 gallons of ethanol spilled onto the ground when the 81-car train derailed early Thursday. No one was injured.
Sease says the ethanol was contained to the immediate area.
Officials say the train was heading to the port from Chicago. The cause of the derailment was not immediately known. CSX officials are investigating.
Authorities restricted access to the port while Tampa Fire Rescue crews sprayed foam onto the spill.
Equipment used to right the toppled train cars is being brought in from Atlanta.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.),
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl