TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – Firefighters in Florida are working with CSX Transportation officials to upright 10 toppled train cars that derailed at the Port of Tampa.
CSX spokesman Gary Sease told the Tampa Bay Times (
http://bit.ly/1bl9ttU) about 4,500 gallons of ethanol spilled onto the ground when the 81-car train derailed early Thursday. No one was injured.
Sease says the ethanol was contained to the immediate area.
Officials say the train was heading to the port from Chicago. The cause of the derailment was not immediately known. CSX officials are investigating.
Authorities restricted access to the port while Tampa Fire Rescue crews sprayed foam onto the spill.
Equipment used to right the toppled train cars is being brought in from Atlanta.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.),
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon