PHOENIX — The Tony Award-winning musical “The Book of Mormon” will officially be returning to ASU Gammage in 2017 due to popular demand, according to a recent press release.
The show, which is currently playing at the university’s auditorium, will be back for a limited time from May 18-28, 2017. Tickets will go on sale starting Nov. 9 at 10 a.m. through the ASU Gammage Box Office, located at 1200 S. Forest Ave., at Ticketmaster.com, ASUGammage.com or by calling 1-800-982-2787.
“The Book of Mormon” broke the ASU Gammage house record for the week of Oct. 25, grossing $2 million more than a standard 8-performance week. The musical has also been acclaimed nationally, winning nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
This is not the musical’s first time around the block: The national tours of “The Book of Mormon” broke 89 house records in 47 venues nationwide.
Prior to “The Book of Mormon,” ASU Gammage was home to the fourth, six-week run of the Broadway play “Wicked,” which brought in approximately 300,000 visitors to the Tempe auditorium.
- ASU Gammage testing app for hearing-impaired, translation services
- Arizona launches safety campaign for drivers during monsoon season
- ASU Gammage season subscriptions to go on sale Monday
- ‘The Color Purple’ is coming to ASU Gammage this week
- ‘Wicked,’ ‘Aladdin’ headline upcoming Broadway season at ASU Gammage