14-year-old boy pronounced dead following shooting in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A 14-year-old boy was shot and killed on Saturday near the intersection of Thunderbird Road and 31st Avenue.
Following the shooting, the boy, who was later identified as Christian Villareal, was placed in the backseat of a vehicle. The driver tracked down an ambulance on the Loop 101 near 59th Avenue at around 9:00 p.m.
He was then rushed to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) September 13, 2020
Police and detectives responded to the scene of the shooting on Thunderbird Road where witnesses were interviewed and an investigation took place.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the Violent Crimes Bureau at (602)262-6141 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS or 480-TESTIGO for Spanish.
No other information was made immediately available.
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Closures on I-17 in North Valley, Loop 202 in East Valley to slow drivers
- Police looking for suspect in fatal early morning shooting in Phoenix
- I-17 in North Valley, Loop 202 in Chandler among weekend closures
- Shooting at motel balcony in Phoenix leaves 1 dead
- Closures on 2 North Valley freeways highlight busy weekend of restrictions